Try our Freeze-Dried Creamy Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken, a tantalizing blend of zesty lemon, rich butter, and aromatic spices. It's a must-try for your taste buds. Plus, with the magic of freeze-drying, you can savor these incredible flavors anytime.
6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I advise not using breasts or thighs with skin. I made this with the skin on the first time and the skins were awful – very soggy & rubbery!)
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of half a lemon – slice the other half and reserve
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, or Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced or minced
- 1/2 stick butter, diced
OPTIONAL: About 8 oz fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (or half and half)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish
- Arrange the chicken breasts or thighs evenly at the base of your slow cooker. In a separate container, blend 1/3 cup of chicken broth, chicken bouillon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and optional mushrooms. Gently pour this flavorful mixture over the chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, crushed red chili pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle this aromatic blend evenly over the chicken. Add fresh minced garlic and distribute the diced butter on top for a delectable infusion of flavors.
- Cover the crockpot securely and select your preferred setting. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or opt for the LOW setting for a slower, more savory preparation over 6-8 hours.
- During the final hour of cooking, gently remove the succulent chicken breasts and place them on a serving plate. Whisk in the creamy sauce, ensuring it integrates perfectly with the existing juices. Carefully return the chicken to the crockpot, cover, and allow it to simmer for an additional hour.
- It’s time to fine-tune the dish’s seasoning. Taste the exquisite sauce and make any necessary adjustments by adding salt and pepper as per your preference.
- For an appealing presentation and a burst of fresh flavor, sprinkle the crockpot chicken with chopped parsley and garnish with slices of zesty lemon.
- Savor this mouthwatering dish with your choice of accompaniments, whether it’s a bed of rice, your favorite pasta, or a hearty serving of creamy mashed potatoes.
- Spread soup evenly on trays lined with silicone mats. Make note of the weight of the trays with food.
- Process according to freeze-dryer instructions.
- When finished freeze-drying, note the weight of the trays. The difference in weight of the trays before and after freeze-drying is the recommended amount of water needed to reconstitute the dish.
Add recommended amount of hot water. Stir and let sit a few minutes until fully reconstituted. More, or less, than the recommended amount of water can be added to get the desired consistency.