1 head Roasted Garlic* 7-9 Russet Potatoes
2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated or shredded
4 Tbsp. Butter
Salt and Pepper, to taste 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup Milk
* See the following page for garlic recipe
- Peel and cube potatoes. Cook in boiling water until potatoes are soft and break apart when pierced with a fork (time will vary according to the size of the potato pieces).
- Drain potatoes and put in a large bowl. Add garlic, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Mix with an electric mixer, or mash with a potato masher, until butter is melted in.
- Slowly add milk until you reach the desired consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Spread potatoes evenly on trays lined with silicone mats. Or use a small cookie scoop to make potato dollops. Make note of the weight of the trays with food.
- Process according to freeze-dryer instructions.
- When finished freeze-drying, note the weight of the trays. The difference in weight of the trays before and after freeze-drying is the recommended amount of water needed to reconstitute the dish.
Add recommended amount of hot water to potatoes. Stir and let sit a few minutes until the potatoes are fully reconstituted. More, or less, than the recommended amount of water can be added to get the desired consistency
of mashed potatoes.