Who says you can't have ice cream when you're camping?
Freeze dried ice cream
- Blend freeze dried ice cream into a powder.
- Put your freeze-dried ice cream in a jar.
- Add the recommended amount of water from the freeze drying instructions below.
- Shake up the jar to mix well.
- Place the jar in your cooler under some ice.
- Wait one hour you’ll have delicious soft serve ice cream.
- Place scoops of ice cream evenly on trays lined with silicone mats. We like to use a small cookie scoop to make dollops. Make note of the weight of the trays with food.
- Process according to freeze-dryer instructions.
- When finished freeze-drying, note the weight of the trays. The difference in weight of the trays before and after freeze-drying is the recommended amount of water needed to reconstitute the dish.