2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 lbs. Boneless Beef Roast Salt and Pepper
2 (1 oz.) packets Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 cups Water
2 (14.5 oz.) cans Beef Broth
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle all sides of roast with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, place roast in skillet and sear all sides.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix over roast. Add water and beef broth.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred roast.
- Spread meat evenly on trays lined with silicone mats. Make note of the weight of the trays with food.
- Process according to freeze-dryer instructions.
- When finished freeze-drying, note the weight of the trays. The difference in weight of the trays before and after freeze-drying is the recommended amount of water needed to reconstitute the meat.
Add recommended amount of hot water to meat. Stir and let sit a few minutes until the meat is fully reconstituted.